« Home | Don't Shop When You're Hungry » | Yesterday in London » | Recipes 101 » | My Shoe Affair » | Shall We Eat In The Toilet Restaurant Darling? » | Yabag » | Back Online » | Oh no!......Not again?!!! » | 'Que Sera Sera Party' » | Blogger's Personality » 

Samstag, Juli 16, 2005 

Sirang Plaka

We have too many stories of our lives we love to tell or share to other people or experiences we like to recall every now & then. However,you'll met a person who tells you one particular topic with annoying,tiresome regularity, until you want to cry out loud ' That's enough!' what is more annoying is when the said repetition combined with braggadocio. Yeah,Ofcourse!there's nothing wrong with bragging BUT please dear! don't repeat yourself!

I've met Z ( a Brazilian) in Fitness Studio not many months ago. Every opportunity I chatted with her she'd mention,how happy she was that her husband bought her a house in Brazil.It wasn't long then I heard her again talking about her house. Obviously this woman is trying to impress me with her repeated references to her newly-bought house. I told her that I'm happy for her (heartily meant ofcourse) and that she's so lucky etc etc...

Last Wednesday she returned to this topic again (like broken record) and this time she asked if I have plan to build a house in Philippines at all. I answered her, that I don't need a house in the Phils. while I'm living here in Germany (besides,if we need a place to stay there my parents owned one)
She looked at me as if I am the one who's insecure or something. If I'd assess her repeated braggadocio I would think she's insecure as a result of her marriage to an old man (25 years older her age)BUT since I dont know her that well enough.I think,it wouldn't be fair to judge her that way otherwise.


BUT Why would we repeat with a particular matter when there are many things we can talk about anyway?