« Home | Debt of Gratitude » | Eating Your Words in German » | Puss-Me-Not » | Talk to Me Baby! » | Ways to Friendship (Pinoy Style) » | Tiptoes Remake » | Mini Hiatus?blah! » 

Mittwoch, März 09, 2005 

Hopelessly Pinay

Germany is a country where everything works efficiently.The utilities are there on command,with your rights as a private citizen respected.This is one of the reason why I have admired this country so much- It is so eminently practical to live in!

Our 'Inang Bayan' the Philippines is different story.For all the noise,the inefficiency,the heat,the dust,the poverty and the various inconveniences.I still miss our inang bayan very very badly.I had already acknowledged the fact that I've always felt lucky to have been born among these warm people.I had glimses of this gratitude in action I guess whenever I'd speak about Philippines.I'd always wonder,recalling the news items about 'Inang Bayan' that would now & then erupt in the German Newspaper.I'd think and pray for 'Inang Bayan' all the time. I cried like silly whenever I hear our National Anthem which made me realize now that I am closet patriot & that my soul is hopelessly Pinay and I will thus have to suffer the fate of every expatriate-never to feel at home despite the fact that my life here in Germany is so comfortable and so nice in many ways.