« Home | Puss-Me-Not » | Talk to Me Baby! » | Ways to Friendship (Pinoy Style) » | Tiptoes Remake » | Mini Hiatus?blah! » 

Samstag, März 05, 2005 

Eating Your Words in German

This maybe one of my many embarrassing experiences while learning German Language.I guess these are part of what makes learning a language so interesting:D

In Summer 2003,after my german class while riding the train from Frankfurt back to Hanau. I became uncomfortably hot (BTW,that was the hottest Summer in german weather history,more than 40°C? Imagine??)In my li'l effort to ease me from the streaming afternoon sun.I casually asked(with my mala-tarzan german,that time,hehe) my train-seatmate 'Bist du heiss? (Are you hot?)Slowly that person turned and looked at me and began to giggle.Nonetheless,that person next to me looked at me again but said to me: Next time say, 'Ist dir heiss? I later found that,rather than asking this person if she was warm,I'd asked her if she was aroused?bwehehe

Luckily,we're both female & I was preggy LOL

Li'l tip for those who are learning german:

-Don't trust your sense of hearing.One classmate of mine ordered an 'earthquake' flavored icecream??She asked the waiter 'Ich hätte gern ein Eis mit Erdbeben,bitte!(I'd like to have Icecream with Earthquake,please!) she said: 'Erdbeben' instead of 'Erdbeeren' which means Strawberry

-Never ever combine german & english.Like when you are recieving gifts & you go to thank a german for the present.Saying:Danke für die, 'Gift'!.You'll be in big big trouble as 'gift' means 'poison' in german :)